Today I’m attempting an impossible feat. And that is to provide a brief, but in-depth walkthrough of Logic Pro’s powerhouse synth –
Alchemy is awesome. It’s a humongous synth of epic proportions that’s honestly worth the price of Logic Pro by itself. Loaded with thousands of preset sounds, you can modulate and contort sounds endlessly to your heart’s content.
But for all its power Alchemy can be a bit, um…intimidating?
With so many controls and possibilities, there’s a lot to wade through!
Of course there are plenty of presets to have fun and write with. But what if you want to create your own sounds? Where do you even start??
So today I want to share an in-depth view of how to get started with Alchemy.
This walkthrough won’t explain everything in Alchemy. But what it will do is walk you through many of the major functions and features of the instrument.
Features such as:
- Getting to know the Browse, Simple, and Advanced tabs
- Exploring the Transform Pad and Controls in the Performance tab
- Exploring the Arpeggiator
- Exploring the Effects tab
- Adjusting and loading individual Sound Sources
- Loading Samples into Alchemy
- Arpeggiating individual Sound Sources
- Applying Effects to individual Sound Sources
- Modulating controls in Alchemy
- Saving your own presets
- Starting from scratch in Alchemy
- Auto Assigning the Performance controls for your own presets
My goal is by the end of today’s video you’ll feel much more equipped to hang with Alchemy and create your own sounds and presets. Check out today’s video above for this in-depth walkthrough!