HECK YES! Logic Pro 10.7 is here! And what it brings with it is the next frontier of audio production.
And that’s because Spatial Mixing with Dolby Atmos is now fully integrated and native to Logic Pro.
Remember when Apple introduced Spatial Audio to Apple Music earlier this year? That announcement introduced a whole new way of experiencing music.
With Spatial Audio, music has gone from stereo to 3D. Where the tracks in a song are no longer stuck between 2 speakers. Instead, tracks feel and sound like they are coming from all around you:
- From in front of you
- To behind you
- To the left
- To the right
- And even above you
And anywhere between!
Of course, the workflow required to craft Spatial mixes was pretty convoluted (and expensive).
First, you needed a separate application called the Dolby Atmos Renderer. Then you needed a massive surround speaker setup (read 12 speakers).
Oh, and then there’s having to juggle Logic Pro and the Renderer. Routing tracks to the renderer. A dedicated Dolby plugin for panning. And other workflow killers.
But now, with Logic Pro 10.7, Spatial Mixing has been truly democratized. Because the Dolby Atmos renderer is now built directly into Logic Pro.
No crazy routing or app juggling. In fact, you don’t even need a surround speaker setup. With the Binaural Monitoring Format, all you ned is a pair of headphones.
Sounds crazy, right?
As if that news wasn’t big enough, Logic Pro comes with loads of new content and features. Including:
- Demo project(s) of Lil Nas X’s hit song ‘Montero’ in 2 versions (Classic Stereo & Spatial Mixed versions)
- 8 new Producer Packs from some of the top producers in the industry (Mark Ronson, Oak Felder, TRAKGIRL, and more). Which includes:
- 2800 new royalty-free Apple Loops
- 120 new instrument patches
- 50 new vintage and modern drum machine kits
- Huge updates to the Step Sequencer, including Live Recording Mode. Which allows you to perform into the Step Sequencer
And much more 🙂
There’s a ton to explore. So check out both part 1 and part 2 of WLPR’s 10.7 walkthroughs above.