Let me ask you – have you ever found yourself lost in a sea of plugins?
Maybe you were producing your latest masterpiece. And as you work you think to yourself, “oh, I know what plugin I should use!”
So you head to the Mixer and click on the next available empty plugin slot. And then you start to dive through the Logic plugin menus…
And as you start to trawl through the Logic plugins, to manufacturer plugins, to a list of 100+ plugins…
Maybe, just maybe, you forgot which plugin you were looking for to begin with?
This happens to me a lot. And as much as I love how organized Logic Pro is, diving for plugins can get a bit cumbersome.
Many Logic users have long wished to see a text-based way to quickly find a plugin. Then along came developer Speakerfood to solve this very problem.
In December of 2020, I posted about Speakerfood’s wonderful app called PlugSearch.
Running in the background on your Mac, PlugSearch lies in wait. But the moment you hover your mouse over an empty plugin slot and press Control, a text-based search box pops up.
From there you simply type in the name of the plugin you’re thinking of, press Return, and PlugSearch loads your chosen plugin!
PlugSearch is exactly what many Logic users have been waiting for. While originally a bit basic, PlugSearch got the job done.
But this week Speakerfood has released version 3 of PlugSearch. Revamped and reimagined, PlugSearch is now a fully-formed plugin search tool for Logic Pro.
Just check out everything PlugSearch can do:
- Text-based Plug-in search
- Search by Plug-in manufacturer or category
- Hide Plug-ins from search results
- Insert double-mono or mono to stereo Plug-ins
- Remove Plug-in from insert slot by key command
- Custom assignable key commands
- Plug-in usage statistics
- Installed Plug-in statistics
- Plug-in Manager
- Automatically launches at login
- Automatic categorization of all Plug-ins
- Quick Load for first empty Plug-in slot
- User-defined favorites with dedicated shortcut
- Plug-In info panel
- Google, YouTube, and manufacturer quick links
- Art Conductor Pro Articulation Set search
- Support for MainStage 3
- Support for Selection-based Processing
- Universal key command for search, remove & quick load
- Automatic updates
- Option to show original name for Plug-ins with a custom name
Pretty crazy, right? And in today’s video above I’ll walk you through how awesome PlugSearch 3 truly is.
Want to get started right now with PlugSearch 3? Click here to try out PlugSearch 3 from Speakerfood for free for 30 days.
yes, I probably bought this because of you, and use it every day!
is there any upgrade path for people who bought it when it first came out?
Yes! If you use the coupon code PLUGSEARCHUPGRADE during checkout the price is reduced to $10 for existing users 🙂
Tim Susa says
I would love Logic Guys would extend their Scripting API so in the manner you can do all that natively.
Oh, absolutely! And hopefully they will in the near future. Until then, at least Rinus over at Speakerfood solves the problem in an elegant way. Definitely worth examining the 30-day trial.