Let me ask you – have you ever found yourself lost in a sea of plugins?
Maybe you were producing your latest masterpiece. And as you work you think to yourself, “oh, I know what plugin I should use!”
So you head to the Mixer and click on the next available empty plugin slot. And then you start to dive through the Logic plugin menus…
And as you start to trawl through the Logic plugins, to manufacturer plugins, to a list of 100+ plugins…
Maybe, just maybe, you forgot which plugin you were looking for to begin with?
This happens to me a lot. And as much as I love how organized Logic Pro is, diving for plugins can get a bit cumbersome.
Many Logic users have long wished to see a text-based way to quickly find a plugin. Then along came developer Speakerfood to solve this very problem.
Running in the background on your Mac, PlugSearch lies in wait. But the moment you hover your mouse over an empty plugin slot and press Control, a text-based search box pops up.
From there you simply type in the name of the plugin you’re thinking of, press Return, and PlugSearch loads your chosen plugin!
PlugSearch is exactly what many Logic users have been waiting for. While originally a bit basic, PlugSearch got the job done.
But this week Speakerfood has released version 3 of PlugSearch. Revamped and reimagined, PlugSearch is now a fully-formed plugin search tool for Logic Pro.
Just check out everything PlugSearch can do:
- Text-based Plug-in search
- Search by Plug-in manufacturer or category
- Hide Plug-ins from search results
- Insert double-mono or mono to stereo Plug-ins
- Remove Plug-in from insert slot by key command
- Custom assignable key commands
- Plug-in usage statistics
- Installed Plug-in statistics
- Plug-in Manager
- Automatically launches at login
- Automatic categorization of all Plug-ins
- Quick Load for first empty Plug-in slot
- User-defined favorites with dedicated shortcut
- Plug-In info panel
- Google, YouTube, and manufacturer quick links
- Art Conductor Pro Articulation Set search
- Support for MainStage 3
- Support for Selection-based Processing
- Universal key command for search, remove & quick load
- Automatic updates
- Option to show original name for Plug-ins with a custom name
Pretty crazy, right? And in today’s video above I’ll walk you through how awesome PlugSearch 3 truly is.