Very often we want our tracks to move in our songs. While a well-balanced mix is nice, without the push and pull of effects and focus can cause a song to feel boring.
Automation is your key to creating that sense of movement. Because Automation allows gives you the power to tell Logic to change things over time.
- Boost the vocals by 1 dB in the choruses
- Create a sweeping filter effect right before the drop
- Mute the reverb tail on a track for a nice break before the next verse
- Throw some Remix FX on a set you’re putting together
These are the types of things you can write in thanks to Automation. And Logic’s plugins, instruments, and anything else will then adjust in real-time.
But are you familiar with the true depth of Logic’s Automation? Beyond drawing in Automation, you can:
- Specify Automation to be Track or Region-based
- Adjust the level of a track afterward, even if it’s full with Automation
- Automate MIDI data to Software Instrument and Drummer Tracks
And so much more!
So it felt only right to show off Logic’s robust Automation tool kit. Dig into today’s video to get the full scoop.
Leave a Reply